Red and Green Holiday Bowl
Family and guests will love this layered fruity Christmas salad.
- 1 quart (4 cups) boiling water, divided
- 1 package (8-serving size) JELL-O
Brand Lime Flavor Gelatin
- 1 package (8-serving size) JELL-O Brand Cherry Flavor
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces)
PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tub (8 ounces) COOL WHIP
Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- Stir 2 cups of the boiling water into each flavor of gelatin in separate bowls
at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir 1 cup of the cold water into dissolved gelatin in each bowl.
- Refrigerate lime gelatin 1 1/2 hours or until thickened (spoon drawn through
leaves definite impression).
- Let cherry gelatin stand at room temperature.
- Add pineapple to thickened lime gelatin; mix well. Pour into 4- to 5-quart glass
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set but not firm (gelatin should stick to
finger when touched and should mound).
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl with wire whisk or electric mixer
until well blended.
- Stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping. Gently spoon over lime gelatin layer in
- Meanwhile, refrigerate cherry gelatin for 1 1/2 hours or until thickened.
- Add oranges to cherry gelatin; gently spoon over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Serve topped with remaining whipped topping.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
At 16 servings, this festive dessert is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
How To Thaw COOL WHIP Whipped Topping: Place unopened tub of COOL WHIP in refrigerator.
For complete thawing, allow the following times: 4 hours for an 8 ounce tub; 5 hours
for a 12 ounce tub and 6 hours for a 16 ounce tub. Do not thaw COOL WHIP in the
How To Soften Cream Cheese: Place completely unwrapped package of cream cheese
in microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 15 seconds or until slightly softened.
Nutritional Information: Calories 200 Total fat 8 g Saturated fat 6 g Cholesterol
15 mg Sodium 160 mg Carbohydrate 31 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 28 g Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 6 %DV Vitamin C 15 %DV Calcium 0 %DV Iron 0 %DV
Reprinted with permission from