Seven-Layer Holiday Pasta Salad
Holidays beg for do-ahead food prep. Here's a colorful salad created with you
- 2 cups uncooked farfalle (bow-tie) pasta (4 ounces)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups
shredded Cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon Betty Crocker Bac~Os bacon flavor bits or chips
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Place broccoli in boiling water. Cover and cook 1 minute; drain. Immediately
rinse with cold water; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, layer tomatoes, broccoli, bell pepper and onion in 2-quart
glass serving bowl.
- In medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and curry powder.
- Stir in pasta. Layer pasta evenly over onion in serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with bacon bits and parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving but no longer than
Makes 8 servings.
Use star- or tree-shaped pasta, rotini or any medium shell pasta.
Cooking the broccoli quickly in boiling water softens it slightly and brings
out the bright green color. Pat dry with a paper towel so it maintains its crispness.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 270); Total
Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat ncg); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 320mg; Total
Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars ncg); Protein 11g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 12%; Vitamin C 92%; Calcium 16%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Vegetable; 1 High-Fat Meat;
4 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: nc
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.