Spinach Salad with Cherries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups cleaned torn spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1 cup bite-size fresh pineapple wedges
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup
thinly sliced red onion
- Crumbled feta cheese, if desired (optional)
- For the dressing, combine oil, vinegar, honey and pepper in a medium bowl; mix
- For the salad, combine spinach with pineapple, cherries and onion in a large
salad bowl. Spoon dressing over spinach mixture; mix to coat salad with dressing.
- Serve topped with feta cheese, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Facts per serving: 219 cal., 14 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 23
g carbo., 0 mg chol., 2 g pro., 2 g fiber, 31m
Recipe and photo credit: Cherry Marketing Institute.