Taffy Apple Salad
Great for potlucks, this really has the "familiar"
taste of taffy apples! Tastes like a real taffy apple!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (in juice)
- 2 cups tiny marshmallows
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 to 7 red and green apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 10 ounces maraschino cherries, drain and halve
- 1 cup peanuts, (no skins)
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
- In a large bowl, stir pineapple
chunks and marshmallows.
- Cover and chill 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine the sugar and flour.
- Add pineapple juice, vinegar and egg. Cook over medium heat, stirring,
until mixture bubbles; reduce heat and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl, cover the surface of mixture with
plastic wrap and chill.
- To serve: In a large bowl, combine the apples, desert topping,
cherries, peanuts with the marshmallow mixture and chilled dressing.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com.
>> All Christmas Recipes