Tex Mex Cranberry Salsa
Yield: about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package Ocean Spray Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 green onion, white and green parts, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add cranberries; return to a boil. Gently boil cranberries for 10 minutes without stirring.
- Pour into a medium glass mixing bowl.
- Gently stir in remaining ingredients.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on salsa.
- Cool at room temperature and refrigerate.
This is best if served at room temperature.
Nutrition per serving (2 tablespoons): Calories 47(2% DV), Sodium 13mg(1% DV), Pot. 17mg(<1% DV), Total Carb. 12grams(4% DV), Dietary Fiber 1gram(3% DV), Sugars 10grams, Vit. A 21 IU(<1% DV), Vit. C 2mg(4% DV), Calcium 1mg(<1% DV)
Dietary Exchange: Fruit 1
Recipe and photo used with permission from: