Cherry Sauce for Ham
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle maraschino cherries (reserve juice)
- Slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pickling spice, tied in cheesecloth
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 teaspoons juice from prepared horseradish (optional)
- Red food coloring
- Measure cherry juice and add water to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Stuff each cherry with 3 almond slivers.
- Combine cherry juice and all ingredients except cherries in saucepan
and cook, stirring until thick. Remove from heat, remove pickling spice and add
- Serve at room temperature.
Makes 2 cups.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Condiment Recipes