This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Hawaiian Hot Dog Relish
This pineapple-based sauce is a nice change from the pickle and mustard based
sauces that we usually have with hot dogs and hamburgers.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups crushed pineapple in its own juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Sauté the onion in butter until soft. Stir in the cornstarch. Add the pineapple,
stir, and heat until bubbly. Add the vinegar.
- Stir in the curry and cumin and heat for another minute or two.