This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Henry Bain Sauce
This sauce is a standard in Louisville, Kentucky, and was invented years ago
by a chef, Henry Bain, at the Pendennis Club. Bottled, it makes special Christmas
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Major Grey's chutney
- 1/2 bottle pickled walnuts
- 2 (14 ounce) bottles tomato ketchup
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle A-1 sauce
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles chili sauce
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 (2 ounce) bottle Tabasco sauce
- Place chutney and pickled walnuts in blender; set on low speed so they are chopped
but not completely smooth.
- Mix with remaining ingredients, bottle and refrigerate.
- Use with any meat.
Makes 4 pints sauce.