This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1/3 cup Colman's dry mustard
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup beer or water
- 2 tablespoons minced pickled jalapenos plus 2 tablespoons jalapeno pickling liquid
- 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, mix the dry mustard and vinegar until a smooth paste forms.
- Stir in mustard seeds; cover, then let the mixture sit at room temperature for several
- Transfer the mustard mixture to a small, heavy saucepan. Add remaining ingredients
and warm over medium-low heat. Cook the mixture slowly, stirring frequently, until
thick, about 30 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer mustard to a small jar and refrigerate for later use.
The mustard keeps for up to 2 weeks. Use it as you would any other mustard.