This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 cups light olive oil (NOT extra-virgin), divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 lemon, juiced
- Place the egg, 1/4 cup olive oil, mustard powder, and salt in a mixing bowl,
blender, or food processor. Mix thoroughly.
- While the food processor or blender is running, slowly drizzle in the remaining
cup olive oil.
- After you’ve added all the oil and the mixture has emulsified, add lemon juice
to taste, stirring gently with a spoon to incorporate.