Pickled Blueberries and Onions
Use Pickled Blueberries and Onions as a topping for sandwiches, pizzas, flatbreads,
crostini; toss with salads.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, combine water, vinegar, sugar and salt until dissolved.
- Stir in onions and blueberries.
- Cover and chill for at least three hours or up to 3 days.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 3 hr (includes pickling time)
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council