This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Sauce for Lamb
Try this over lamb steaks or shoulder chops.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 1/4 cup beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 egg yolks, well beaten
- In a heavy skillet melt butter and add celery, carrot and onion. Sauté until
limp and slightly browned.
- Add garlic, pickling spices, rosemary, tomato paste,
bouillon, wine, lemon juice and nutmeg. Simmer over low heat until reduced by half,
then puree in a blender or food processor.
- Add cold butter and stir until butter is melted, then stir in egg yolks.
- Keep sauce warm until ready to use.