This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
V-8 Chipotle Marinade
This is an excellent marinade for any meat prepared southwestern style, chicken
wings buffalo style, or adds just the right amount of smoky jalapeno heat to your
This recipe should be given the respect that it commands. It is not to be taken
lightly, and should not be left around where contact with small children, pets,
or houseplants could occur. Remember to avoid touching yourself near or around the
eyes or any open cuts.
- 1 cup water
- 2 chipotle peppers (smoked jalapeno peppers)
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno vinegar
- 2 tablespoons V-8 juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chili powder
- Bring 1 cup of water almost to a boil and add the chipotle peppers. Remove from
the heat and keep them submerged by placing a small plate or plastic lid on top
of them. Allow them to steep in the hot water for 30 minutes.
- Remove the peppers and reserve the water. Cut the peppers in half lengthwise
and remove the seeds, ribs, and stem. Put chipotles and the reserved water in a
blender and liquefy.
- Add the vinegar, V-8 juice, spices and blend.
- Store in a glass bottle in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.