Butterscotch Cornflakes Bars
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cornflakes, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into large mixing bowl.
- Stir in brown sugar, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Blend thoroughly.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cornflakes.
- Spread in greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle remaining cornflakes over top and press firmly into batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan and cut into squares.
Yield: 16 large bars