This is a recipe that was made in many public school cafeterias.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups oatmeal
cup nuts (optional)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 1/4 cups granulated
- 3 tablespoons Karo syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Blend dry ingredients together.
- Cream shortening. Add eggs, sugar and Karo syrup.
- Add dry ingredients; mix until well blended.
- Pour into greased pan with sides as this puffs up then falls.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.