This is a recipe that was made in many public school cafeterias.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 3/4 cup nuts (optional)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons Karo syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Blend dry ingredients together.
- Cream shortening. Add eggs, sugar and Karo syrup.
- Add dry ingredients; mix until well blended.
- Pour into greased pan with sides as this puffs up then falls.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.