Citrus Bars with Shortbread Crust
A nice light cookie bar that can be served for a spring brunch, Easter or Mother’s
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 500 mL
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed 125 mL
- 1 teaspoon salt 5 mL
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest 5 mL
- 1/2 cup canola oil, cold 125 mL
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar 45 mL
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice 45 mL
- 1 tablespoon canola oil 15 mL
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest 10 mL
- 2 teaspoons orange zest 10 mL
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Prepare a 9 x 9-inch (22x22
cm) pan with foil and spray with canola oil. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, salt, lemon juice and canola oil
until well combined.
- Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake until light brown, about 20 to 24 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, canola oil, lemon
and orange zest. Pour over baked crust.
- Place back into oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely.
- Using a sharp knife cut into squares or rectangles, dust with confectioners'
sugar if desired.
Yield: 18 bars
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving Calories 140 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat
0.5g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 130mg Carbohydrates 18g Fibre 0g Sugar 9g Protein 1g
Source: George Geary, CCP
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes