Honey Cherry Granola Bars
Great for after-school snacks!
- 1/3 cup pure honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 3 cups low-fat granola
- 1/2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together honey, butter, egg whites, cinnamon and almond flavoring.
- Stir in granola, almonds and cherries.
- Spoon granola mixture into 9-inch, nonstick (or well greased) square pan.
- Using a piece of wax paper, firmly press granola mixture in pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove pan from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
Yield: 12 to 16 bars
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Honey Board