Pistachio Granola Bars
Still want to enjoy your mid-afternoon snack, but looking for a way to make it
healthy? Search no further than the delicious Pistachio Granola Bars. These bars
are packed with your favorite Green Nut and tons of sweet flavor, too. Enjoy your
snack without the guilt!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 cups pistachios,
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, roasted
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup
dried cranberries, chopped
- Spray a half sheet pan (17 x 12 inches) with food release and line with
- Toss the oatmeal and coconut together, and bake in a 350 degree oven for
12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the oatmeal from the oven, and reduce the temperature to 300 degrees
- Place the butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt into a pot, and bring
to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Toss the pistachios, apricots, cranberries and sunflower seeds together
with the oatmeal mixture.
- Pour the hot honey mixture over all, and stir to mix well.
- Press the mixture into the half sheet pan using the base of a metal measuring
cup to compact it.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 37 min
Total time: 52 min
Nutritional Information: Calories 170, Total Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 3g, Monounsaturated
Fat 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2.2g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 100mg, Potassium
160mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 15g, Protein 3g
Reprinted with permission from
the Western Pistachio Association.