White Chocolate Macadamia Bars
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 pound white chocolate
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put nuts on a cookie sheet and bake for about 7 minutes.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg and brown sugar until light and fluffy,
about 3 minutes with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Melt the butter over low heat and add to egg mixture along with vanilla
extract. Mix well.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt onto a piece of wax paper.
- Re-sift and add to egg mixture, beating slowly. Mix until just blended.
- Coarsely chop the white chocolate and fold into mixture.
- Stir in macadamia nuts.
- Pour batter into baking pan.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out
- Place on wire rack and let cool.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/28/01 9:22:28 pm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.