- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon anise seeds crushed
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon anise extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Combine flour, sugar, anise seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
together eggs, lemon juice and anise extract and add to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 10-inch log. Place logs about 4
inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool just enough so that the logs can be handled.
- Cut each log diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Lay the slices on an ungreased
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until dry and crisp.
Add 1 cup chopped almonds and 1/2 teaspoon almond
flavoring instead of anise seeds and extract
Chocolate Chip Biscotti
Add 1 cup of chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon
Mini M&M Biscotti
Add 1 cup of mini M&Ms and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Spice - use basic recipe but add 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and 1 teaspoon nutmeg.