Macadamias and coconut bring the Hawaiian touch to these winning biscotti.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut amaretto
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs,
Coconut Amaretto or milk, and almond extract.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add to the creamed
mixture, mixing until blended. Fold in nuts and coconut. Divide dough in half. On
a greased and floured baking sheet pat out into two logs about 1/2 inch high, 1-1/2
inches wide and 14 inches long, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the middle of a preheated 325 degree F oven for 25 minutes or until lightly
- Transfer from the baking sheet to a rack. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place on a cutting board. With a serrated knife slice diagonally on a 45 about
1/2-inch thick. Lay the slices flat on the baking sheet and return to the oven for
10 minutes longer, longer, turning them over once, to dry slightly.
- Let cool on a rack.
- Store in a tightly covered container.
Yield: 48 servings