Cherry Garcia Biscotti
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried Bing cherries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a medium-size
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, adding sugar gradually, at medium speed until smooth
and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. At low speed or by hand, stir in flour mixture followed
by cherries and chocolate. Drop spoonsful of batter into long lines on prepared
baking sheet and, with well floured hands, shape the irregular lines into rectangular
logs about 1/2 inch high.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, until logs are a light gold color and are
fully set (they will spring back slightly when touched with a finger).
- Slice logs into 1/3-1/2 inch thick slices (1-1.5 cm) and lay flat on their sides
on baking sheet.
- Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Bake sliced cookies for 15 minutes,
flip them and bake for an additional 15 minutes. If cookies are not firm, depending
on how thickly they were sliced, turn again and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Makes 4 dozen.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Biscotti Recipes