Cherry Nut Biscotti
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup nuts
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped candied cherries
cup orange juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Beat eggs. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces.
Make bars by rolling dough into a long log. Place 2 logs to a cookie sheet. Brush tops with mixture of egg yolk and water.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Cut logs into 1/2-inch slices. Return
to baking sheet and cook until toasted, about 20 to 30 minutes.