Citrus Almond Biscotti
These cookies are very crunchy and only slightly sweet. They go very well dipped
in coffee, tea or milk and soften when dipped into the liquid.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and stir.
- In a
food processor, process egg whites, olive oil, sugar lemon and orange rinds and
butter until smooth. Slowly add flour mixture and process until dough starts to
form. Add almonds and blend slightly.
- Divide dough in half and shape into 2 logs.
Roll in wax paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice into 1-inch slices and place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20
- 25 minutes at 325 degrees F.
- Cool for 5 minutes.