Cornmeal-Chile Pepper Biscotti
This is a sugarless cookie, great as an appetizer or with soups or salads. Also
great with cheese spreads and dips.
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced
chile peppers, drained
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose
- Using mixer beat cheese and butter on high speed for 30 seconds. Add chile peppers,
baking powder, salt, and pepper, beating until well combined. Add eggs, add cornmeal
and flour, mix well, dough will be stiff.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half
into a 9-inch long loaf. Place about 5 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Flatten
with fingers till it is about 3 inches wide.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool on
cookie sheet for 1 hour.
- Transfer loaves to cutting board; cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2 inch thick
slices. Place slices cut side down, on cookie sheets.
- Bake in a 325 degrees F oven
for 15 minutes.
- Turn slices over and bake 15 minutes more.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Yield: 25-30 cookies
Posted by CookieBaker at Recipe Goldmine 4/1/02 5:38:43 pm.