Double Chocolate Nut Biscotti
- 3 squares semi-sweet chocolate, quartered
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 675 ml (2 3/4 cups) all purpose flour
- 12 ml (2 1/2 teaspoon) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) salt
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) grated orange rind
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) orange juice
- 3 squares semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) whole toasted almonds
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) toasted walnut pieces
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Melt 3 squares quartered chocolate.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and eggs. Then add melted chocolate.
Add remaining ingredients except chopped chocolate and nuts, beating
until blended. Stir in chopped chocolate and nuts. Spoon half of
dough onto long side of greased and floured cookie sheet, shaping
into long log, about 5 cm (2 inches) wide. About 5 cm (2 inches)
apart, repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cut
logs into 2 cm (3/4-inch) thick slices. Return cookies to cookie
sheet, cut side down.
- Bake 20 minutes longer turning cookies over once during baking.
- Cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
Makes about 4 dozen.
Cookies will keep for 3 months in the freezer.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 10/11/2001 5:53 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Biscotti Recipes