Double Chocolate-Orange Biscotti
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted, cooled
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 6 ounces white chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 4 ounces white chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt; mix
well. Add melted chocolate, orange peel, oil, orange juice, vanilla and eggs; blend
well. (Dough will be stiff). Add 6 ounce chopped baking bar; gently knead into dough.
Divide dough into 4 equal parts; shape each part into roll 14 inches long.
- Place 2 rolls on each cookie sheet; flatten each roll to 2 1/2-inch width. Bake
at 350 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Remove cookie sheets from the oven. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Cool rolls on cookie sheets for 10 minutes. Cut rolls diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick
slices. Place slices, cut side up, on same cookie sheets.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 7 to 9 minutes or until top surface is dry.
- Turn cookies over; bake an additional
7 to 9 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool for 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
- In small saucepan, melt 4 ounces chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring
until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 9/2/2001 8:07 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Biscotti Recipes