- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup almond butter (see note)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup sliced
almonds, roasted (divided use)*
- 1/2 cup finely diced dried California
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
* Almond butter may be found next to jams and jellies in some supermarkets.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil
and grease with nonstick spray.
- Cream butter and almond butter until fluffy, using a mixer. Add brown sugar,
egg and almond extract, and beat until light.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir dry
ingredients into butter mixture just until blended.
- Stir in quick-cooking oats,
1/2 cup almonds, apricots and raisins.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and smooth with a table knife or small metal spatula.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes to 35 minutes, or until
firm and a wooden pick comes out nearly clean.
- Let cool to room temperature before
lifting foil out of pan.
- Peel foil off blondies and cut into 16 squares.
Makes 16 (2-inch square) bars
Recipe and photo credit:
the Almond Board of California.
Other Blondie and Brownie recipes you may like...
Black Walnut Blondies
Ooey Gooey Melty Mint Brownies
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
Candy Bar Brownies