- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 16 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2/3 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 13
x 9 inch-baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool before
- Frosting: Melt butter in a saucepan and add buttermilk and cocoa.
- Slowly add
confectioners' sugar and continue stirring until smooth.
- Frost cooled brownies, and sprinkle with nuts if desired.