Amaretto Coffee Brownies
- 1 (19.5 ounce) box Pillsbury Rich & Moist Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (7 ounce) jar Marshmallow Creme
- 3 tablespoons instant amaretto-flavored coffee powder
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine brownie mix and butter; mix at low speed for 45 to
60 seconds or until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture in small bowl for
- Add milk and eggs to remaining brownie mixture; mix until smooth.
- Spread batter evenly in greased pan.
- In food processor bowl with metal blade or in medium bowl, combine cream
cheese, Marshmallow Creme and coffee powder; process until smooth.
- Spread evenly over brownie mixture.
- Add walnuts to reserved 1 cup brownie mixture; mix well.
- Sprinkle evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until edges are firm to the
- Cool for 1 1/2 hours or until completely cooled.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
Makes 24 bars.
High Altitude Instructions (Above 3500 Feet): Add 1/2 cup flour to dry brownie
mix. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes.
Nutritional Info Per 1 Bar: Calories 250, Calories from Fat 130, Total Fat
14 g, Saturated 6 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 160 mg, Total Carbohydrate 28 g,
Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 18 g, Protein 3 g
Diet Exchange: 1 Starch, 1 Fruit, 2 1/2 Fat OR 2 Carbohydrate, 2 1/2 Fat
Recipe and photo credit: Pillsbury