- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
- 1 large firm apple,
cored and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Sift flour and spices. Add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in apple, nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until done.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 28, 2001.