Applesauce Cake Brownies
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- Cream butter; add sugar; cream again.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add sifted
dry ingredients alternately with applesauce.
- Mix in chocolate.
- Pour into greased
8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool; cut into 2-inch
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.