- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 14 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon milk, whole or 2 percent
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil,
extending up and beyond the sides of the pan. Lightly (and gently so as not to tear
it) grease foil.
- Brownie Base: Combine the butter and chocolates in a large saucepan over
low heat, stirring until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Whisk in sugars to blend.
- Whisk in eggs, vanilla extract and milk, blending until smooth.
- Add flour, espresso powder, and salt just until mixture is combined.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a cake tester or wooden pick inserted in the
center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool pan completely on a wire rack.
- When cool, use foil ends to carefully lift brownies out of pan. Invert onto a
clean cutting board, carefully remove foil, and then re-invert brownies. Return
to a wire rack set atop a large piece of wax paper.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Bring cream to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Remove
pan from heat and add chocolates. Let chocolates melt in hot cream for 2 minutes
without stirring. Whisk until smooth.
- Cool drizzle until thick but still soft and pourable.
- Pour over brownie base, allowing some to drip down and cover the sides.
Spread drizzle with metal spatula, covering top and sides.
- Let brownies firm up in the refrigerator.
- Cut into bars.
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen bars.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes