- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup melted butter ( the real thing)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar,
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped, toasted walnuts or pecans
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook an additional
3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until the butter has turned a light golden
- Remove from heat and beat in the brown and white sugar. Let cool to room
- Stir in the egg and yolk into the browned butter, then the corn syrup and vanilla
- Stir in pecans, then fold in the flour mixture.
- Spread batter into a generously
greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F or until top is golden brown and wooden
pick inserted in center comes out clean
- Cool on wire rack and cut into bars.
For variation stir into the batter or sprinkle on top of blondies before baking,
1 cup of chocolate, butterscotch or white chocolate chips. Toffee bits would be
Other Blondie and Brownie recipes you may like...
Black Walnut Blondies
Ooey Gooey Melty Mint Brownies
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
Candy Bar Brownies