- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup melted butter ( the real thing)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar,
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped, toasted walnuts or pecans
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook an additional
3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until the butter has turned a light golden
- Remove from heat and beat in the brown and white sugar. Let cool to room
- Stir in the egg and yolk into the browned butter, then the corn syrup and vanilla
- Stir in pecans, then fold in the flour mixture.
- Spread batter into a generously
greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F or until top is golden brown and wooden
pick inserted in center comes out clean
- Cool on wire rack and cut into bars.
For variation stir into the batter or sprinkle on top of blondies before baking,
1 cup of chocolate, butterscotch or white chocolate chips. Toffee bits would be