- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 12 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups toffee bits
- 1 cup
finely diced banana (1/4-inch cubes)
- Confectioners' sugar
- Line a 9-inch square cake pan with parchment or wax paper. Grease and flour paper
and sides of pan.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add vanilla
- Beat in eggs briefly, one at a time, until blended.
- Add flour mixture a little at a time, beating on low speed just until blended.
- By hand, stir in 1 cup toffee bits and banana.
- Pour into prepared pan. (If using an 8-inch-square pan, bake the excess batter
in greased and floured mini muffin tins.)
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup toffee bits
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes (20 minutes for mini muffins).
- Cool, then
sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired, then remove from pan and cut
into 9 to 16 squares.