Baton Rouge Blondies
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine,
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) Nestle
Toll House Premier White Morsels
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
cup toasted coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter and
vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels, nuts and coconut.
- Press into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
Makes 16 bars.
Source: Baton Rouge Advocate - 10/03/2002