Browned Butter White Chocolate Blondies
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped unsalted macadamia
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan (or a 9-inch square
pan for taller browniers) and line with aluminum foil.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until golden brown, about
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine cooled butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and
beat with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add flour
mixture, macadamia nuts, white chocolate and cranberries. Mix until well blended.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes (adjusting time if using a 9-inch pan), until a wooden
pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into 24 pieces.
Nutritional Information: Per serving: 260 calories, 14g fat, 50mg chol.,
3g prot., 31g carbs., 1g fiber, 150mg sodium
Printed from Relishmag.com on 10/6/2010