- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons
butter or margarine
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- On wax paper, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Remove saucepan from heat;
stir in sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs; stir until well mixed.
- Stir in flour
mixture and pecans just until blended.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
or until wooden pick inserted 2 inches from edge comes out almost clean. Do not
over-bake; blondie will firm as it cools.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- When cool, cut
Source: Good Housekeeping, February 2003