Caramel Blondie Bars
- 25 Lancaster Caramel Soft Cremes
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/4 cups all-purpose
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed
light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8- or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Remove wrappers from caramel candies. Cut each caramel into halves. Toss caramel
pieces with 1 tablespoon flour so the pieces don't stick together.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together remaining 1-1/4 cups flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter
mixture, beating until well blended.
- Spread one half of batter in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle caramel pieces and nuts over batter.
- Drop remaining batter by the teaspoon over mixture. Gently spread batter to cover
as much of the caramel pieces and nuts as possible.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
Makes 16 to 20 bars.
Recipe and photo credit:
www.lancastercandy.com through Brandpoint.