This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Chip Blond Brownies
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add nuts; mix well and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan and remove from heat. (If margarine is used,
add 1 tablespoon hot water.) Add brown sugar and beat well. Let
- Add egg and vanilla extract and blend.
- Add flour mixture, a small amount at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Spread in a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- Cool in pan and cut into squares.
If doubling, bake in a 12 x 9-inch pan.