Chocolate Chip-Brown Sugar Blondies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
(at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Butter
a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Dust the pan with flour and tap out the excess.
- In a medium bowl, using a wire whisk, stir together the flour, baking powder
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer set at medium speed, beat the
butter and brown sugar for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mixture is light in color and
texture. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- At low speed, beat in the flour mixture in two additions, scraping down the sides
of the bowl after each addition.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with the rubber spatula.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out
clean but not dry. Do not over-bake. The chocolate chips will sink to the bottom
of the blondies as they bake.
- Cool the blondies completely in the pan set on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate. Dip a fork into the melted chocolate and shake and flick
it over the top of the blondies to form a decorative zigzag pattern. Allow the chocolate
to set for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using a large sharp knife, cut the blondies lengthwise into 4 strips, then cut
each strip into 6 pieces to make 24 squares.
The blondies can be stored, layered between sheets of wax paper, in an airtight container at room temperature for up
to 3 days.
Other Blondie and Brownie recipes you may like...
Black Walnut Blondies
Ooey Gooey Melty Mint Brownies
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
Candy Bar Brownies