This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweet butter, softened (do not substitute)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir or whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract, beating well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until tester
inserted in center comes out "almost" clean.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Run a sharp knife around edges of pan, then cut into 16 squares.
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com.