Coconut Pecan Blondies
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 4 (1 ounce) squares white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg and brown sugar for 3 minutes.
- Add butter and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the brown sugar mixture,
beating just until blended.
- Stir in pecans, coconut and white chocolate.
- Spread into a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes
or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
Yield: 16 blondies