Crazy Blonde Brownies
We add all manner of chips and nuts to these rich, moist, blonde brownies to
make an entirely different - and wonderful - confection.
- 1/2 cup butter or vegetable shortening
- 2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup King Arthur
100% Organic White Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All- Purpose
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch,
cinnamon, caramel, macadamia, or chips of your choice
- 1 cup diced pecans or
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan and heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan.
- Add the brown sugar, and stir until
the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat, pour the butter-sugar mixture into a medium-size
bowl, and allow it to cool to lukewarm.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Whisk the flours and baking powder together, then add the dry ingredients to
the sugar mixture, stirring to combine.
- Finally, fold in the chips and nuts.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan, and bake the brownies for 30 to 35 minutes,
until they're light brown on the edges and top.
Yield: about 2 dozen 2-inch squares
Source: Recipe reprinted from King Arthur Flour 's The Baker's Catalogue,
Spring through Summer 2001
Other Blondie and Brownie recipes you may like...
Black Walnut Blondies
Ooey Gooey Melty Mint Brownies
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
Candy Bar Brownies