Dulce de Leche Blondies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2
teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Place butter and sugar in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn
to speed 4 and beat until creamy, about 1 minutes. Stop and scrape bowl.
- Add eggs
and vanilla extract; beat about 30 seconds, or until smooth. Stop and scrape bowl.
Turn to stir speed.
- Gradually add flour, baking soda, and salt to mixture. Mix about
1 minutes , or until well blended.
- Spread 1/2 to 2/3 of mixture in a greased 13
x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 7 to 8 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes
on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, melt caramels in evaporated milk in a nonstick saucepan over very
low heat. Reserve 2 tablespoons.
- Pour remaining caramel over bottom layer.
dollops of remaining dough over caramel layer; swirl slightly with knife.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- When completely
cooled, cut into squares.
- Drizzle with reserved caramel, heating as necessary, if
Yield: 36 blondies
Source: Kitchen Aid cookbooklet
Other Blondie and Brownie recipes you may like...
Black Walnut Blondies
Ooey Gooey Melty Mint Brownies
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
Candy Bar Brownies