Gooey Caramel Brownies
- 8 ounces sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) package vanilla caramels
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch pan; set aside.
- Heat chocolate and butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently
until melted; remove from heat.
- Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla extract, salt and eggs.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat caramels and milk over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and
smooth. Spread caramel mixture over brownies.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or just until brownies begin to pull away from sides
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut when cool.