Grand Slam Brownies
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons
unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
cup chocolate milk
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 extra-large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 1/2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces
cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 extra-large
egg (at room temperature)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter sides of 9-inch square pan. Line pan with
foil, allowing foil to extend over the two sides. Butter and flour foil.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter in small saucepan over very low heat (or
in microwave), stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into small bowl.
- Place coffee powder into large bowl; add water and stir to dissolve.
- Add eggs
and sugar. Using electric mixer, beat mixture until it is pale yellow.
- Fold in melted
chocolate, then the dry ingredients.
- Fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Spread batter
in prepared pan.
- Bake until top is dry and cracked and wooden pick inserted in center
comes out with wet batter still attached, about 28 minutes (do not over-bake).
to rack and gently press down any raised edges.
- Maintain oven temperature.
- Topping: Melt semi-sweet chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water
(or in microwave), stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Blend cream cheese and sugar in food processor until smooth.
- Add warm melted
chocolate and blend well.
- Add egg and blend until just combined.
- Pour topping over
- Bake until topping moves just slightly in center when shaken, about
- Transfer to rack and cool completely.
- Cover with foil. Refrigerate overnight.
- Lift brownies from pan using foil sides. Cut into squares to serve.
Other Blondie and Brownie recipes you may like...
Black Walnut Blondies
Ooey Gooey Melty Mint Brownies
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
Candy Bar Brownies