Irish Nut Brownies
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons Frangelico liqueur
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 4 tablespoons Frangelico
- 4 tablespoons Bailey's Irish cream
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour and 8-inch square baking pan.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate with butter in microwave and mix well. Cool.
- Beat sugar and eggs together in mixing bowl.
- Add Frangelico and cooled chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in flour, salt and chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes (test with wooden pick). Cool completely (about
1 1/2 hours).
- Pierce brownies with a wooden pick randomly. Drizzle 3 tablespoons Bailey's Irish
cream over brownies.
- Frosting: In mixing bowl, combine liqueurs and butter. Mix well.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar and beat until spreading consistency.
- Frost cooled brownies.