Kahlua Pralines and Cream Brownies
with Kahlua Butter Cream Frosting
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Kahlua Butter Cream Frosting
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- Praline Crust: In a bowl, stir together all crust ingredients.
- Press mixture evenly into an 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- Brownie: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Microwave chocolate and butter on high for 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring
once, or melt in a saucepan.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, beat eggs, sugars and vanilla extract until blended; then
beat in Kahlua and the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour, salt and pecans.
- Spread batter over the prepared crust.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes until set
and wooden pick inserted has just a few crumbs on it (do not over-bake). Let cool.
- Spread Kahlua Butter Cream Frosting over brownies, then drizzle Chocolate Glaze
- Chill for 5 minutes to set; cut into bars.
- Store brownies tightly covered.
- Kahlua Cream Cheese Frosting: In a bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar,
butter, Kahlua and milk until smooth. Add more Kahlua if needed for spreading consistency.
- Chocolate Glaze: In a glass bowl, melt all ingredients in microwave on HIGH for
1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir to blend.
- Cool for 5 minutes before using.
Makes 16 brownies
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes