Kentucky Derby Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine,
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons green creme
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter or
- Cream the 1/2 cup butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of
an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with chocolate syrup,
beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in pecans and almond extract.
batter into a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25
minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; let brownies
cool in pan.
- Combine the 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar and creme de menthe; beat
at medium speed of an electric mixer until mixture is smooth. Spread over brownie
- Combine chocolate chips and the 1/4 cup butter in top of a double boiler; bring
water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts.
- Spread over frosting.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
Yields 4 dozen.